Sunday, July 1, 2018

I Am Your Dog



"I'm your dog, and there's something I'd like to whisper to you in the ear; I know you humans lead a very busy life. Some work, others have children to raise.
You always seem to be running here and there, often without enjoying the pleasures of life.
Drop your head and look at me.
See how my big brown eyes fix you?
They're less and less clear, because of age.
I'm starting to have gray hair around my sweet snout...
You smile at me, I can see love in your eyes.
What do you see in mine? Do you see a soul? Who loves you like nobody else in this world? A Spirit that would forgive all your crimes to spend a few moments with you? That's all I ask; slow down a little, to spend a few minutes with me.
Very often, you seem sad by reading the announcement of the death of other members of my race on your screen.
Sometimes we die young and fast, and it breaks your heart.
Sometimes we get older so slowly you don't even seem to notice.
Despite our gray snout and possible cataracts, I will never cease to love you.
I may not be here tomorrow; I may not be here next week. One day you'll cry all the tears of your body, and you'll beg for just "one more day" with me.
But today I'm here.
So come sit with me and enjoy. What do you see? If you look carefully, we can talk to open heart.
Do not address me as a master, but simply as a living soul, caress my fur, let us look in the eyes, and talk.
I could tell you what's fun to run after a tennis ball.
You wanted me in your life because you wanted to have someone to share feelings, emotions and memories... and I'm here!
I'm a dog, but I'm a living being. I feel emotions, and I make a difference between personalities.
I don't see you as a "dog on two legs"
- I know what you are.
You're a human, and despite your weirds, I love you.
Now come lie down on the floor with me.
Enter my world, and let time slow down for 15 minutes.
Look me in the eyes, and whisper in my ears.
Talk to me with your heart, with your joy of living and I'll learn to know you for good. Life is too short.
So please... come sit with me, and share these precious moments that we have to live together."
I love you,
Your dog

No comments: