Monday, May 22, 2023

To The River

"I walk to the river, waiting to hear the water sing. I sit down beside her, trying to hear the quiet ring. The leaves break the falling, of the sunlight that covers these banks. I've seen the water running; I've seen the color wash away.
I come to the river heavy and tired to the bone. I lay down beside her Grave as a slowly sinking stone. I see clear to the bottom, I watch how the shadows play. I've seen the water falling; I've seen the colors bleed away. The light turns silver, draining the hours from the day. The weight of the water, pulls at the branches along the banks. And it tears at the fallen and it carries the broken on its way. I've seen the water rolling, I've seen the colors fade away. I've seen the water rolling, I've seen the colors fade away."

No comments: