Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Newfound Prayer For Grandma



A Newfound Prayer
(Patti Smith)

Child with heart so raven wild
I have known you well
I have guarded you in sleep
and with the morning bell
we would tramp the blessed field
ramble through the pine
all my loyalty was yours
all your joys were mine

We would camp upon the bank
to watch the sails that sped
I would offer you my back
to rest your dreaming head
all of our adventures
in existence but a sigh
moccasins as silent
as arrows in the sky

In nature is a song
that from the spirit flows
from the wild I came
to the wild I will go
and grant I meet you there
when time will turn to air
to shepherd you in heaven
this is my newfound prayer.

* * * * *


Grandma, we will always be there for you.

Satchel & Andrew

2 comments:

Gizmosav said...

What a beautiful poem. All our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Take care you guys.

Luv Giz,

Hey Andrew, I love this picture of you!!!

onecoatsam said...

Giz -

Thanks so much to you and your great parents.