Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sometimes It's Hard To Be A Newfie





Well, to say I am disappointed about today is a significant understatement.
Dad takes the day off, only to give me and 'Drew a less than Newfworthy outing.
Then, we spent the rest of the day getting refurbished for a nice, hot, long drive up to some Dog-forsaken place where people I don't even know will grab my tail and unmentionables. Then, we'll get stuck in crates while the humans gather to sit around and talk gibberish. It all brings a song to mind.



Sometimes It's Hard To Be A Newfie (An Original Score)

"Sometimes its hard to be a Newfie
Giving all your love to just one dudeski
You'll have bad times (tell me 'bout it)
And he'll have good times (not enough)
Doing things that you don't understand (how true)
But if you love him you'll forgive him (NOT)
Even though he's hard to understand (tell me 'bout it)
And if you love him (ha)
Oh be proud of him (he he)
'Cause after all he's just a man (I know)
Stand by your man (I'd rather sit)
Give him two arms to cling to (he has his own)
And something warm to come to (cold water?)
When nights are cold and lonely (maybe for him)
Stand by your man (or let him be lonely)
And tell the world you love him (que lastima)
Keep giving all the love you can (NOT)
Stand by your man (you kiddin?)
And show the world you love him (concealing the truth)
Keep giving all the love you can (NOT)
Stand by your man (not when he tells me to sit)
(But still sometimes it's hard to be a Newfie.)"


Satchie

No comments: